The following terms are applicable only where you have either:
- purchased and posted a casual; or
- purchased a Flexible Ad Budget or a Branded Ad Budget (each an Ad Budget) in your SEEK Advertising Agreement (Agreement):
- All job ads posted on the Site remain posted for 30 days (unless removed earlier).
- You are obliged to pay the full price for each job ad, even if you request the withdrawal of your ad at any time (whether before or after it appears on the Site).
- SEEK’s job ads are variably priced and prices are subject to change from time to time. For more information on the pricing of each ad type, see the clauses below.
- It is your responsibility to look up the price of a job ad before posting on the Site. The price of any particular job ad at a point in time may be looked up using the following link and your SEEK Advertiser Centre login details – https://talent.seek.com.au/account/ad-price-lookup.
For Hirers purchasing ads via SEEK’s Advertiser Centre, the price will be displayed to you at the point of posting as part of your job ad posting process.
For hirers purchasing ads via other means, the cost of a job ad may not be displayed at the point of posting if you are not using SEEK’s Advertiser Centre to post your ad and you should use the above link prior to purchasing if you wish to look up prices.
- When posting a single ad on the Site not pursuant to an Agreement, you agree to the price of that job ad as at the time of posting (including any applicable discount) being charged to you. For posting ads pursuant to an Ad Budget purchased in your Agreement, see below.
SEEK Ad Types
- A Classic Ad is SEEK’s standard job ad. A Classic Ad entitles you to:
From time to time SEEK may repost your Classic Ad on the website/s of its related bodies corporate to increase the exposure of your ad.Classic Ad PricingClassic Ads are variably priced based on a number of factors, including the supply of and/or the demand for candidates for the role being advertised as well as the average salary and location of that role. Changes to these and other factors may cause the price of an ad to go up or down from time to time.Once posted, if you edit the role title, category or location applicable to a Classic Ad, the price of that ad may change. If the change results in a job ad price greater than what you were originally charged for your Classic Ad, the difference will either be:
- when a Classic Ad is included within a candidates’ search results, the relevant role title for the ad and a brief description of the position you are advertising being displayed to candidates; and
- when selected by a candidate from SEEK’s search results, the full contents of the job ad being displayed to the candidate.
Other than changes to role title, category or location, your Classic Ad can be edited free of charge.StandOut Ads
- charged to you separately when the changes are made – if the original ad was posted as a single ad not pursuant to an Agreement; or
- deducted from the amount of your Ad Budget committed to in your Agreement – if the original ad was posted pursuant to an Ad Budget (if the edited ad is an ‘Additional Ad’ posted pursuant to an Ad Budget (as that term is defined in your Agreement), you will be charged for the difference in the next invoice you receive under your Agreement).
- A StandOut Ad listing entitles you to the features of a Classic Ad listing plus the following when a StandOut Ad is included within a candidates’ search results:
You must provide SEEK with the necessary materials and information (outlined above) required to publish the StandOut Ad on the commencement date of the ad. Failure to do so will result in the ad being published as a Classic Ad but you will be charged the StandOut Ad price.SEEK reserves the right to withhold publication of any logo in the search results where SEEK reasonably believes that the creative design is not a logo or is otherwise not appropriate for posting on the Site.All logos must comply with SEEK’s advertising specifications, which will be provided on request.StandOut Ad PricingStandOut Ad prices are comprised of the price of a Classic Ad at the time of posting and a fixed StandOut upgrade fee. If you are posting a StandOut Ad pursuant to an Agreement, the upgrade fee will be specified in your Agreement. For more information on the pricing of Classic Ads, see above.The editing rules in clause 9 above apply to edits to StandOut Ads.Premium Ads
- up to three bullet points - “selling points”;
- your logo at the right-hand side of the ad (provided you have submitted an electronic version of your logo for those purposes); and
- a border around the ad summary when it appears in the search result (defined as a “StandOut Ad”).
- A Premium Ad listing entitles you to the features of a Standout Advertisement plus the following increased exposure of your ad.
- During the period that a Premium Ad is live on the Site SEEK takes various measures to increase the exposure of your Premium Ad with the aim of obtaining on average applications which would be received for your ad over a 30 day period if it was a StandOut Ad. Such measures may include but are not limited to ads appearing more frequently on the job search results page on the Site and App, in email communications to relevant candidates and on partner sites such as Jora. You acknowledge that the promotion measures employed by SEEK, and the frequency of that promotion are at SEEK’s sole discretion.
- Whilst Premium Ads receive greater exposure on the Site than other SEEK job ads, SEEK provides no guarantee and makes no representation that a Premium Ad will result in an increase in the number of applications received in response to that Premium Ad, and you acknowledge that application levels are influenced by many factors beyond the control of SEEK.
Premium Ad Pricing
- Premium ads are variably priced based on a number of factors, including the supply of and/or the demand for candidates for the role being advertised as well as the average salary and location of that role. Changes to these and other factors may cause the price of an ad to go up or down from time to time.
- Once posted, a Premium Ad can be edited free of charge, however if you edit the category and/or location of your ad, you acknowledge that the market conditions (on which SEEK will have based the promotion strategy applicable to the ad) will likely change and that this may affect the number of applications your ad will receive.
- By agreeing to purchase an Ad Budget you are committing to pay SEEK the amount of your Ad Budget set out in your Agreement over the Contract Period (as those terms are defined in your Agreement), regardless of whether or not you have utilised the full value of your Ad Budget.
- Your Ad Budget allows you to post any of the ad types specified in your Agreement at any time during the Contract Period until you have exhausted the dollar amount for the Ad Budget within your Agreement without the need to commit any additional spend. For more information on each job ad type, see below.
- If you have used the entire amount of your Ad Budget prior to the end of the Contract Period, you may post Additional Ads (as that term is defined in your agreement) at the rates set out in your Agreement until the end of your Contract Period. If you have the value of less than 1 full job ad remaining in your Ad Budget (i.e. you have a fraction of an ad remaining), you will be able to use this remaining dollar amount towards any Additional Ad purchase prior to the end of your Contract Period and you will be invoiced for any shortfall.
- Any unused Ad Budget amount (including any amount which may constitute a fraction of an ad) that is not used prior to the end of the Contract Period will expire and cannot be rolled over into a subsequent agreement.
- The price of posting a job ad at any point in time (including any applicable discount) is available to you:
By posting an ad on the SEEK website (Site), you agree to the price of that job ad, as at the time of posting (including any applicable discount), being deducted from the amount of your Ad Budget committed to in your Agreement.Your Ad Budget is valid for the term specified as the Contract Period in your Agreement unless concluded earlier as set out in your agreement.The balance of your Ad Budget remaining at any point in time can be calculated by deducting the value of any job ads posted by you to that point in time as part of your Agreement from the value of your Ad Budget and will be expressed as a dollar amount and be shown in your SEEK Advertiser Centre account and available from SEEK Customer Support.You’ll be billed for your Ad Budget as set out in your Agreement.Upon expiry of your Ad Budget and in the absence of a subsequent Ad Budget being purchased, any further ads posted on the Site will be billed at SEEK’s then per unit price for casual purchasers (unless agreed otherwise).
- For hirers posting via SEEK’s Advertiser Centre, at the point of posting as part of your job ad posting process; or
- For hirers posting via other means, using the following link and your SEEK Advertiser Centre login details – https://talent.seek.com.au/account/ad-price-lookup. (Note: the cost of a job ad may not be displayed at the point of posting if you are not using SEEK’s Advertiser Centre to post your ad).
SEEK Contracts and Premium Packs
- If your Agreement includes a Premium Ad Budget in addition to your Ad Budget then:
- you acknowledge that the Premium Ad Budget amount set out in your Agreement may only be applied towards the purchase of Premium Ads; and
- the cost of any Premium Ads posted during the Contract Period will first be deducted from your Premium Ad Budget and once until this amount has been exhausted, the cost of any subsequent Premium Ads posted during the Contract Period will, where your Ad Budget has not yet been exhausted, be deducted from the amount of your remaining Ad Budget, or otherwise, posted as Additional Ads as described in clause 24.
Talent Search and SEEK Profiles
The Talent Search site allows advertiser to search, refine and connect with candidates via a candidate’s SEEK Profile in relation to advertisements placed on the Site.
- A SEEK Profile is created by a candidate and is a summary of information regarding their career and work history to which they may attach their resume.
- Your access to and use of Talent Search and information contained in SEEK Profiles is governed by the Talent Search Terms and Conditions which can be viewed at: Talent Search Terms and Conditions
- SEEK reserves the right to deny or remove your access to SEEK Profiles for what it determines in its absolute discretion to be improper or incorrect use.
Screen is a product that allows you to present a list of questions to applicants as part of their application process on the Site to assist you in candidate selection (“Screen”).
- Screen is available to attach to advertisements within the corresponding job classification(s). Any unused Screens purchased by you shall be forfeited at the expiry or removal of its associated advertisement.
- You may store your questionnaire in a library for future use however you must attach it to each advertisement you place on the Site and it will only work in conjunction with active advertisements.
- You are entitled to 5 Standard Screening Questions and 1 Custom Screening Question at no cost per Advertisement. No further Standard Screening Questions or Custom Screening Questions are able to be purchased through this service.
SEEK reserves the right upon amending clause 38 of these terms and conditions to charge a fee for Standard Screening Questions and Custom Screening Questions offered within the Screen Product. SEEK will provide notice of any such change by publishing the amended clause in these terms and conditions 5 days prior to the change taking effect.
- A Standard Screening Question is one of the questions referred to as “Common questions” in the Screen.
- A Custom Screening Question is a question of up to 250 words that can be entered into the text box under “Your custom question” in the Screen.
SEEK Onsite (“Onsite”) automatically replicates the advertisements you place on the Site on your own website.
Two options are available to you:
- Job List - which provides a list similar to the SEEK “search results list” showing all available positions for your business. Suitable for businesses with up to 40 positions advertised. Jobs appear in date order.
- Job Search - a Job Search box on your business’s website will help candidates narrow down their search and view only relevant ads. Fields available are Location, Work Type, Classification and Keyword. Suitable for businesses with more than 40 positions advertised.
- SEEK will provide you with:
If you have more than one registered account with SEEK, you may link any of the advertisements posted under those accounts to the SEEK Onsite service. If you want to add new accounts to your Onsite service then you may be required to implement changes to the link or links on your website to implement this change. You will receive any new URL information from SEEK within three (3) business days of the formal request to SEEK.When you stop using Onsite you must also cease using works containing intellectual property belonging to SEEK on your website including without limitation, logos, symbols, emblems, designs and other indicia.
- a URL or URLs that you will need to embed in your own website. Without this work on your part, the SEEK Onsite solution cannot be accessed by visitors to your website. If you have posted to more than one SEEK website you may have to implement multiple links on your website; and
- a “Powered by SEEK” logo which you must be place on your website adjacent to the job list or job search both in a position that is visible on an 800x600 screen without scrolling down (known as “above the fold”). You must not modify the logo in any way, including but not limited to resizing, recolouring, stretching or changing the background appearance.
If requested by you, SEEK will create custom advertising templates in accordance with our style guide that will appear in your job advertisement (not in the search results) on the Site and will incorporate your logo (production charges apply).
- SEEK will use its reasonable endeavours to produce customised templates within three business days from receipt of your logos, graphics and text.
- SEEK reserves the right to withhold publication of any logo in the template if SEEK at its sole discretion believes that the creative design is not a logo or is not appropriate for posting on the Site. SEEK will not unreasonably exercise this right.
Display advertising refers to SEEK’s offering to promote an advertiser’s message and/or creative design, surfaced through banners or other ad formats (consisting of text, images, html5 and video) (Display Advertising), on websites, apps and/or social media including but not limited to these platforms that are powered by the SEEK Group. In relation to your Display Advertising:
- SEEK reserves the right to withhold publication or remove any Display Advertisement if it believes at its sole discretion that i) the creative design; ii) the copy of the advertisement; or iii) the page to which the advertisement links to is a) not aligned to employment or career related services and/or; b) not appropriate for distribution by SEEK. SEEK will not unreasonably exercise this right.
- All Display Advertising must comply with SEEK’s advertising specifications, which will be provided on request.
- For the purpose of determining the consumption of contracted quantities of Display Advertising, consumption of impressions (and the like) will be calculated according to SEEK’s ad serving platforms