Product Terms and Conditions
The following Terms are applicable only where you have purchased any of the products specified below:
- All job ads are posted on the SEEK website (the Site) for 30 days and can be edited free of charge or, subject to relevant charges, extended.
- You shall be obliged to pay the full fee for your job ad, even if you request the withdrawal of your ad at any time (whether before or after it appears on the Site).
SEEK Ad Types
A. Classic Ads
- A Classic Ad is SEEK's standard job ad.
- A Classic Ad listing entitles you to a brief description of the position you are advertising and the relevant role title in the search results when your ad is returned within those results.
B. StandOut Ads
- A StandOut Ad listing entitles you to a Classic Ad listing plus the following in the search results when your ad is returned within those results:
- up to three bullet points - "selling points";
- your logo at the right-hand side of the ad (provided that you have submitted an electronic version of your logo for those purposes); and
- a border around your ad summary when it appears in the search result,(defined as a "StandOut Ad").
- You must provide SEEK with the necessary materials and information (outlined above) required to publish the StandOut Ad on the commencement date of the ad. Failure to do so will result in the ad being published as a Classic Ad but you will be charged the StandOut Ad price.
- SEEK reserves the right (which will not be unreasonably exercised) to withhold publication of any logo in the search results posted by you if SEEK at its sole discretion believes that the creative design is not a logo or is not appropriate for posting on the Site.
- All logos must comply with SEEK's advertising specifications, which will be provided on request.
C. Premium Ads
- A Premium Ad listing entitles you to the features of a Standout Advertisement and increased exposure of your ad as described below.
Premium Ad Performance:
- During the period that a Premium Ad is live on the Site SEEK takes various measures to increase the exposure of your Premium Ad with the aim of obtaining on average double the number of applications which would be received for your ad over a 30 day period if it was a StandOut Ad.
Such measures may include but are not limited to ads appearing more frequently on the job search results page on the SEEK website and App, in email communications to relevant candidates and on partner sites such as Jora. You acknowledge that the promotion measures employed by SEEK, and the frequency of that promotion are at SEEK's sole discretion.
- Whilst Premium Ads receive greater exposure on the Site than other SEEK job ads, SEEK provides no guarantee and makes no representation that a Premium Ad will result in an increase in the number of applications received in response to that Premium Ad, and you acknowledge that application levels are influenced by many factors beyond the control of SEEK.
Premium Ad Pricing:
- The cost of the Premium Ad requested by you will be communicated to you by SEEK at the point of posting. Premium Ad prices will vary depending on the details of the role being advertised. You can look up current prices using the link: Premium ad price lookup
- The price of a Premium Ad may be amended by SEEK from time to time, and distinguished between different employment classifications and locations, in response to market demand and SEEK's ability to deliver increased exposure of advertisements having regard to then current market conditions.
- Once purchased, your Premium Ad can be edited free of charge. If you edit the category and/or location of your ad, you acknowledge that the market conditions (on which our promotion strategy was based) will likely change and that this may affect the number of applicants your ad will receive.
- All Ad Packs ("Packs") are valid for 6 months from the date you post the first ad from the Pack or until the total number of ads or dollar value of your Pack has been consumed (whichever is earlier).
- Please note that upon expiry of your Pack unless otherwise agreed, any further ads posted on the Site will be billed at SEEK's then standard advertising rates.
A. Premium Packs
- In relation to Premium Packs:
- The cost of any Premium Ads posted will be deducted from your Premium Pack balance.
- If you have the value of less than 1 full ad remaining in your Pack (i.e. you have a fraction of an ad remaining) as a result of your consumption of a Premium Pack, SEEK will provide you with a credit for the remaining value towards your next equivalent SEEK purchase if purchased prior to the expiry of your Pack. If, however, you have not used all your ads (including a fraction of an ad) prior to the expiry of your Pack, any remaining balance will expire.
B. StandOut Upgrade Pack
- If you purchase a StandOut Upgrade Pack, you can selectively upgrade Classic Ads to Standout Ads within the corresponding job classifications. A StandOut Upgrade Pack will expire on the earlier to occur of:
- 6 months from the date the first StandOut Upgrade is utilised; and
- The date that the total number of StandOut upgrades you are entitled to under the agreed StandOut Upgrade Pack have been utilised.
- A Monthly (Job Ad) Subscription commits you to purchasing a minimum number of ads each month ("minimum monthly commitment") over a 12 month period. For the avoidance of doubt, your specified limit per month refers to the total number of job ads that your Subscription allows you to post each month without having to pay additional fees and not the total number of concurrent job ads you may have listed at any one time.
- You will be billed on the 15th of each month for your minimum monthly commitment.
- Should you post ads in addition to your minimum monthly commitment, you will be charged the Additional Ad rates specified in your Subscription for each ad posted beyond your minimum monthly commitment and will receive an additional invoice on the 1st business day of the following month for any such extra costs incurred.
- You may request to increase your minimum monthly commitment by signing a Supplementary Agreement which will take effect from the commencement of the month following that in which the request was made.
Talent Search and SEEK Profiles
The Talent Search site allows advertiser to search, refine and connect with candidates via a candidate's SEEK Profile in relation to advertisements placed on the Site.
- A SEEK Profile is created by a candidate and is a summary of information regarding their career and work history to which they may attach their resume.
- Your access to and use of Talent Search and information contained in SEEK Profiles is governed by the Talent Search Terms and Conditions which can be viewed at: Talent Search Terms and Conditions
- SEEK reserves the right to deny or remove your access to SEEK Profiles for what it determines in its absolute discretion to be improper or incorrect use.
Screen is a product that allows you to present a list of questions to applicants as part of their application process on the Site to assist you in candidate selection (“Screen”).
- Screen is available to attach to advertisements within the corresponding job classification(s). Any unused Screens purchased by you shall be forfeited at the expiry or removal of its associated advertisement.
- You may store your questionnaire in a library for future use however you must attach it to each advertisement you place on the Site and it will only work in conjunction with active advertisements.
You are entitled to 5 Standard Screening Questions and 1 Custom
Screening Question at no cost per Advertisement.
No further Standard Screening Questions or Custom Screening
Questions are able to be purchased through this service.
- A Standard Screening Question is one of the questions referred to as “Common questions” in the Screen.
- A Custom Screening Question is a question of up to 250 words that can be entered into the text box under “Your custom question” in the Screen.
- SEEK reserves the right upon amending clause 28 of these terms and conditions to charge a fee for Standard Screening Questions and Custom Screening Questions offered within the Screen Product.SEEK will provide notice of any such change by publishing the amended clause in these terms and conditions 5 days prior to the change taking effect.
SEEK Onsite (“Onsite”) automatically replicates the advertisements you place on the Site on your own website.
Two options are available to you:
- Job List - which provides a list similar to the SEEK “search results list” showing all available positions for your business. Suitable for businesses with up to 40 positions advertised. Jobs appear in date order.
- Job Search - a Job Search box on your business’s website will help candidates narrow down their search and view only relevant ads. Fields available are Location, Work Type, Classification and Keyword. Suitable for businesses with more than 40 positions advertised.
SEEK will provide you with:
- a URL or URLs that you will need to embed in your own website. Without this work on your part, the SEEK Onsite solution cannot be accessed by visitors to your website. If you have posted to more than one SEEK website you may have to implement multiple links on your website; and
- a “Powered by SEEK” logo which you must be place on your website adjacent to the job list or job search both in a position that is visible on an 800x600 screen without scrolling down (known as “above the fold”). You must not modify the logo in any way, including but not limited to resizing, recolouring, stretching or changing the background appearance.
- If you have more than one registered account with SEEK, you may link any of the advertisements posted under those accounts to the SEEK Onsite service. If you want to add new accounts to your Onsite service then you may be required to implement changes to the link or links on your website in order to implement this change. You will receive any new URL information from SEEK within three (3) business days of the formal request to SEEK.
- When you stop using Onsite you must also cease using works containing intellectual property belonging to SEEK on your website including without limitation, logos, symbols, emblems, designs and other indicia.
If requested by you, SEEK will create custom advertising templates in accordance with our style guide that will appear in your job advertisement (not in the search results) on the Site and will incorporate your logo (production charges apply).
- SEEK will use its reasonable endeavours to produce customised templates within three business days from receipt of your logos, graphics and text.
- SEEK reserves the right to withhold publication of any logo in the template if SEEK at its sole discretion believes that the creative design is not a logo or is not appropriate for posting on the Site. SEEK will not unreasonably exercise this right.
Display advertising refers to advertising on the Site where an advertiser’s message and/or creative design is shown on a destination page or pages of the Site, set off to the top, bottom or to a side of the content of the page and includes but is not limited to advertising tiles, buttons or banner advertisements.
- The cost of producing artwork for banner advertisements and tiles is not included in standard booking charges. If requested by you, SEEK can provide creative services to produce banner advertisements and/or tiles in accordance with the SEEK style guide for which production charges will apply.
- SEEK reserves the right to, at its discretion, withhold publication on, or remove from, the Site any tile or banner advertisement created by you or on your behalf if it believes that the creative design or copy of such tile or banner advertisement or the page to which such tile or banner advertisement links to is not appropriate for posting on the Site.
- All banner and tile advertising must comply with SEEK’s advertising specifications, which will be provided on request.